Monday, August 18, 2014

Lipton's Seat

Lipton's Seat




Lipton's seat is the highest point of the mountain range, where the most famous Tea planter of Ceylon, Sir Thomas Lipton used to admire & enjoy the panoramic view served by Haputale. Although the 7km hike is tiresome, the arrival at one of the finest view points in the country-the famous double of famous World's End relaxes your tired feet & soothes your nerves. We must rush in the early morning before the mist set in.

The first estate that Lipton bought in Ceylon was known Downall Group in Haputale & included Estates Dambatenne, Llaymostatte & Monarakande. In his memoirs, he wrote, "between the Estate I had bought & the big sum of money I left with my agent I think I must have invested well over a 100,000 pounds in Ceylon within a week of my arrival in that lovely & delectable island of spicy breezes."






No comments:

Post a Comment